Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

Hello 2010!

It's been a year...not a great year, not a bad year just a year. I took some classes and tried to get into a nursing program but was rejected due to lack of space. My youngest son had surgery on his ear. I now have two children in middle school and two in elementary. My oldest son is now a teenager. That is about it for 2009. Nothing spectacular happened but nothing super traumatic either. I guess it's kinda nice in a way to have it that way. I hope that 2010 sees me going into a nursing program. Even if that doesn't happen I will go back to school in August if nothing else just to pursue another degree. I've came to the decision that if I do not get accepted in to Baptist College I'll try for Memphis' nursing program. If I'm not accepted into that one then I will pursue another career choice and will decide that perhaps nursing is not for me even though it is a dream...I guess sometimes our dreams can lead us down a wrong path. Don't know, not gonna dwell on that at the moment will think on it more IF I happen to get to that particular fork in the road.
As for new year resolutions, I wasn't going to make any. I since decided why not. It helps me to have a goal...even if I only stick with it a short time. So for 2010:
1. I want to continue to gain knowledge on how to be healthier and try harder to implement that knowledge in mine and my family's life. I'm looking for that Aha moment. That information that I believe I can use and stick with that my family will like.
2. I want to finish my projects. I have a number of knitting and woodburning projects started or at least in the planning stage that I have yet to finish. I want to start finishing what I start.
3. I want my garden to succeed this year. Past two years I ended up letting my garden go to weeds due to lack of attention from my part. This year I'm going to make myself tend to it on a regular basis.
4.Paint my house. I'm tired of white walls, it's my home I want it to reflect mine and my family's personalities.
5. I would like to put be more organized on here but I don't know if that has a chance of happening. I would like to start small though. Buying hanging files so that I can keep important papers where I can find them if needed. Getting an in and outbox for kiddies school papers that need to be signed or shown to me. Seeing the top of my desk would be nice as well. If I can do that then I think I can start on organizing the rest of my life, lol.

Well that's a good start I think. Some of my resolutions are repeats of prior years so I really outta add to actually finish my resolutions...but I think I've said that before. Anyway I hope everyone reading this has a blessed 2010 and may all your hopes and dreams for the year come true.

No comments: