We have been having some changes in our household. We have moved out of the apartment into a house with some acreage. It's so nice not hearing the neighbor use the restroom or take a shower. Not having to search for a parking spot is great too. Our house is a bit of a fixer upper, but it will be ours, God willing, and it will be wonderful. Right now we're trying to keep the huge yard mowed, get a fall garden going, taking care of chickens, and just figuring out were to begin. It will help when school starts back next month and I start getting paychecks again. Life of a teacher, I have June and July "off" however I have no paycheck in July. So it's been tight, but not horribly so. I'm so grateful to God for the hubby's job. Off is in quotations, because I've been trying to get lesson plan ideas going along with doing my own homework on my college classes. 3 more trimesters and I will complete my Master's degree. Then I'm trying to decide what to do next.
I did something horrible this morning.... I weighed myself.
I've been slacking since my last race and for the past month it's been junk food, eating out, soda pop, and little to no exercise. Needless to say I've put on more weight than I care to acknowledge. I am a nutrition major, yet I let poor eating habits run my life. Goes to show that even those who know better are not immune to bad choices. However, I can fix this. I know how to turn this around, it's just doing it that's the hard part.
This week, since it's the last week before back-to-school in-services and other things kick off, I'm making myself like a lifestyle bootcamp. I'm not allowing myself to sit for more than 30 minutes, then it's 7 and a half minutes of interval exercises. I'm going to run/walk a mile a day, minimum. Water and tea only. Tea cannot be sweetened with sugar, I have stevia to sweeten it with and need to use it. I'm aiming for about 1 gallon of water a day, but if I can get half of that plus no soda then I'm good. No junk food, no eating out, eat several small meals a day to combat cravings. Eat mostly veggies and whole grains, meat only at dinner time, no more than two servings of fruit per day. I am going to make some healthy/healthier treats to fight this sweet tooth I have been having lately. I will share recipes along the way. I have no weightloss goals really, I just want to be fitter.
So to summarize I will
- Do 7 1/2 minute interval workouts every 30 minutes when at home
- the interval is 5 rounds of 1 minute of cardio with 30 seconds strength/stretch
- Drink only water, tea, and coffee
- Tea and coffee either unsweetened or sweetened with stevia
- Aiming for 1 gallon of water/day
- Eat several(~5) small meals spread out through the day
- Aim for mostly veggies and whole grains
- Meat only at dinner time
- Limit fruit to two servings/day due to sugar content
- it's okay to have a healthy treat not going 100% sugar free, but I am reducing sugar intake.
- Fitness goal of being able to run 1 mile without walking (even with all my running I haven't reached this).