Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

In Memory of...

Alice Garrison 1/1934-2/2012
My hubby's grandmother passed away at 12am this morning (or last night whichever you prefer). She was a sweet woman and such a good role model for me and my children.  She loved her family with all her being. Always willing to help and forgive slights no matter how big or small. Her love was greater then that.  She truly had unconditional love for others.
She was a talented writer, artist, crafter. She loved to create.  She enjoyed spending time with family and friends; playing a card game or just sitting around visiting.
She was strong in her faith and well loved at her church. She was one of those Christians that you knew by looking at her, she always glowed.  Even at her worse moments she had an inner peace that calmed.
I love you Grandma Duke and will miss you greatly. You were always so supportive of my education and proud of me.

Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.
The Lord is their strength, And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance; 
Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever.
Psalm 28: 6-9


No comments: