Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday, Monday



Woohoo it's Monday! I woke up today so it's going to be a great day! Right?

Trying my best to remain optimistic this week, the more positive I think the more positive I feel and the more I get done. Also the better my mood and if I'm in a good mood I eat less junk food.
On the agenda today is Microbiology, lecture then lab, then fitness class. My nutrition class was canceled due to an emergency in the professor's family so I get to get home before 8pm. Which gives me time to study Organic Chemistry. Yay, carbon chains, Sn1 and Sn2 reactions, Steriochemistry. Got to remember which atom likes to do it from behind...dirty little things those atoms.
Kind of curious how my Micro lab is going to go. The class lasts about 2 hours, it takes the TA about 30 minutes or more to lecture the exercises and demonstrate what she needs to us. Normally done in an hour and a half.  However, today we're suppose to do 3 different exercises and a skills test (Gram stains...look at the pretty colors...). One of these is going to take almost an hour to complete (between mixing the agar and autoclaving the medium and using the autoclave).  The other two are just smearing the cultures on plates of selective mediums...that won't take but a minute.  I guess as long as we can get the long exercise all in the autoclave at once then do the cultures and the skills test maybe we can get it all done quickly. I hope.
Somehow I get the feeling it's not going to be that organized.

No comments: