Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012


  1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)
  2. Baha'i Faith (92%)
  3. Jehovah's Witness (87%)
  4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (87%)
These are all the latest results of the beliefnet.com's blief-o-matic quiz.  I've been trying to do some thinking since Hubby has finally made it clear he isn't real comfortable with the church we attend.  His main complaints were the choir, the feeling of being underdressed, the size.  He enjoys the Sunday school class, but that's it.  He mentioned that maybe we are more Church of Christ people, hmm I don't know about that.

Hubby wants more of a small, casual church.  I like dressing up and a bit of order.  According to the belief-o-matic though I'm either mormon, mainline to liberal protestant (lutheran, methodist, presbytarian, etc.), or Baha'i. Orthodox Judaism and Quaker pops up in the top four quite often, though this was the first I noticed Jehovah Witness...I don't agree with the Jehovah Witness one.  The denomination I currently attend (Southern Baptist) is usually further down the list (around 80% or less so it puts it around 6th to 12th place usually).

I admit, there's been things mentioned from other members during Sunday school or the preacher will mention something during service that I don't agree with. I also keep all political beliefs to myself, because I would say most if not all of my Sunday school classmates would disagree with them. Now that I think about it, I keep most of my opinions and thoughts to myself when it comes to church.  I just don't think they would understand and I know they wouldn't agree. I also know that anything I say could possibly be fodder for gossip or private discussion that doesn't include me...well gossip. 

So I'm thinking of not attending anymore. Hubby doesn't like it, two of the kiddies don't like it and the other two have became indifferent to it. I don't want going to church on Sundays to seem like a chore or for them to feel forced to go. I love fellowship, I love going and singing hymns and praising the Lord and Jesus. I like listening to a good sermon.  I've got some ideas of local churches to try. One is a Church of Christ, one is a small Baptist church and the third is non-dominational (I think).  I think the latter two may be more inline with what my hubby would like. I'm not sure what to look for to encourage the kiddies. Maybe I ought to have them take the Belief-o-matic quiz. 

No comments: