Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ivy the Goat

Here is the newest addition to our family. Ivy the goat.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




She looks to be part pygmy (she's 3 years old and only comes up to just above my knee and I'm 5'6") and I don't know what else. I've been looking online at goat pictures and so far I've come up with a possiblity of nubian or alpine or all three. It doesn't really matter though we bought her just so she could eat the weeds and poison oak around our place. That and goats are fun to have. My little dachshund thinks she's fun to tease at least until she butts him, then he rethinks it for a minute then comes back. It's funny to watch them play together. The guy we bought her from said there's a chance she could be preggers 'cause he bought her from a sale barn and when you do that what you see is what you get and you don't exactly get a history on the animal. If she is we'll know in a couple months...a goats gestation period is like 5 months. I'm hoping she's not 'cause I don't want to have to worry about a kid at this point, but if she is we'll roll with it. Goats are herd animals anyway and she'll be happier with another one around. Isn't she perty though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how cute!!!!!! bet the kids just love her!!!!!!


hey it was great to see you again!!!!!! :)