Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

I Love...

...having a child who keeps asking if it's time to work out yet. He asks it with the same tone/excitement as if he was asking for dessert or a new toy.
...the sound of my feet pounding the pavement in time to the beat of the music flowing through the earbuds of my mp3 player.
...the smile of the same child as he saw that the tooth fairy came last night. He's ten now and this moment is coming to then end, and so I'm storing it. A snapshot for future reminiscing.
...the way my chickens come over to me, either to let them out of their coop for the day or at the fence to see what I'm doing (and probably check out if I have treats).
...my little doggy's booty shake when I call her name. It's like she's saying "I have no idea what you want, but whatever it is I know it'll be good."
...my daughter's writing. She's very imaginative and writes very well. Her stories and poems are something I look forward to reading.
...the way my children fight and bicker but still gravitate toward each other. They seem to not stand each other, but can't get enough of each other at the same time. Contradictions, these children of mine.

There's more, but that's enough for today.

No comments: