Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Have Faith

 Exodus 15:2
 (NKJV)
2 The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
He is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father’s God, and I will exalt Him

I know I usually save the verses and video for Sunday posting, but I feel the need to blog today instead. 
Stress levels are running high, within my household and for other people I care about as well.  I'm stressing over finals and school. My hubby is stressing over finances.  One of my sisters is having so many problems right now she feels like she's in a shaped like a V, with sides so steep and slick she has no way out.  I'm sure my other family members are worried/stressed about things that they haven't told anyone about yet.  My kiddies are dealing with end-of-year tests (state standardized and other), so they're stressed whether they understand what they are feeling or not.

Worries, no matter how major or minor, have a tendency to pile up until they overwhelm. You feel like you're in a tunnel so long that you cannot see the light at the end.  I get it because I feel like this quite often.  I'm learning, though. Since I started going back to church and reading the bible, I'm learning the meaning behind the saying "Let go, and let God." You have to do what you are able, then when you reach the end of your abilities you have to let it go. As hard as that is to do.  I guess the real lesson is to realize your limits. My feeling is when it feels impossible, it's time to ask God for help. He's there and waiting, you just have to say the word.

I'm still struggling with this...I have a bit of Superwoman syndrome. I believe I can do it all, all at once. When the reality hits me that I can't, it hurts.  I'm learning I can do it all...with help, a little at a time.  I have to have faith that God is there when it gets to be too much. I hope everyone else I care for realizes that as well.

No comments: