Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Not too bad

   At least not as bad as I thought it would be.  This week could of been a lot better if I didn't have this cold though.  This cold has seriously gotten me thinking about going back on the Blood Type diet.  On that plan my sinuses didn't bother me, I slept great and had a ton of energy (and lost some weight so that's good too).  The hardest thing about it was sticking with it because I'm the only one in my bunch that has type O blood.  Everyone else are A's (lucky, it means they have a much easier to get food list....try fixing meals with no wheat or corn).   I need to do that or give the Eat-Clean plan a better try...I'll probably do that as the nearest health food store is a 45 minute drive and Krogers' spelt flour is high.  I'm doing much better about my sugar, I think anyways.  In my coffee instead of sugar I'm using stevia.  It's sweeter and no nasty aftertaste like artificial sweeteners.  Still more sugar then I should in other things but I'm working on it...baby steps.
   School was good this week.  I messed up in English this morning, though.  The professor asked what we thought the "simple operation" in Hemingway's "The Hills Like White Elephants" was referring to.  Well, I had thought the lady was going to have a lobotomy...because they(the characters) kept talking how everyone who had the operation were happier afterwards and she could say things like the hills look like elephants and how she would be happy and they could be like they were before.  She also seemed rambly and depressed and angry...I don't know the story just didn't shout out abortion to me.  I mean "everyone is happy after they had it done." does not strike me that way.  Then I had to think while I was talking to my sister about this...this story is written by a man with a man's point-of-view/opinion so a woman's feelings would not be included in it.   So that could be the reason that I couldn't see the hints and clues as to what the short story was about.    Oh well, I'll try to do better next time.  I did all right on the other short story we had to read "Civil Peace" by Chinua Achebe.  I liked that one better as well.  
Well I'm off to figure out what I'm going to fix for dinner and see how the kiddies day went.  My youngest son  just came up to me wanting to now how to spell store. He's making a sign for a 100cent store.  I guess that's another way of saying Dollar store.

No comments: