Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall is a Coming



and I don't like it.  I'm not much of a cool weather gal. I don't like the smell of wood stoves, fireplaces, wood burning. I don't like the chill that will be in the air. I don't like raking leaves. I don't like the rainy, cold, windy days. I don't like the idea of frost coming in the next couple of months.

I love Spring, love Summer and the only time I like winter is during the week of Christmas (after that it can go away).  I would be totally content to live where there is only Spring and Summer. I can live without leaves changing color and seeing snow (it's only pretty in pictures anyway).  At least then I wouldn't have to worry about my gardens and plants that are so susceptible to lower temps.

The morning lows for the next few days will have me digging out winter clothes 2 months earlier then I intended. I'm worried that since all the other seasons seemed to of came early this year, that winter will too. I told Hubby that we need to be prepared to spend a lot in grain and hay for our goat this year, because the grass will probably die back early.

So not ready.

No comments: