Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Time Managing (or We're losing our minds)

I really need to work on my time management and procrastination. The two don't make good bedfellows. I have projects to work on, papers to write, organic chemistry to figure out, kids to spend time with, house to clean, oh and a hubby that I probably should spend time with as well.

My goal is usually to try and get all (or at the majority) of my homework/studying done before 7pm. What happens is I do some on campus, get home and eat dinner, go online and instead of research just piddle around on Facebook (or pinterest or various blogs or other things of interest online). Then around 8pm, when I should be cuddling with Hubby or conversing with the kiddies, I'm on my laptop typing away at some last minute thing for a class the next day. This makes me cranky, because I'm trying to rush through something, the kids want my attention Hubby is over pouting in his recliner trying to keep the kids out of my hair and the house is a mess.

My poor Hubby is having to take over so much since I'm in school (and working). He is making sure the kids do some chores, their homework is signed, dinner is cooked (probably 5 days a week). I go to class Tuesday-Thursday and end up working 2-3 days over the remaining four days of the week.  So I'm gone 7-8 hours a day and not getting home till after 6pm(sometimes after 9pm). My poor Hubby is tired because he's gone from 6am till 4:30pm working a very physical job and then comes home to the kiddies already home and wanting dinner.  He's such a big help and I know I don't show or say enough how much I appreciate him.

Anyway, I think over the next couple weeks I'm going to try harder to maximize my time during the day so that when I get home in the evenings I can help wrap up dinner and spend a couple relaxing hours with the family. I know I'll still have homework to do at night, I'm just going to try and minimize what I absolutely have to do so that hopefully I'll have a more restful home atmosphere. It feels as everything is hanging on a precipice and it's all about to fall apart. Not relationships but life is so disorganized right now and I feel off-balance. If I'm off balance with the way things are I know the rest of my family is. We are so close and feed off each others emotions so much. So hopefully I can get my stuff straight and then everyone else's will fall into place.

So less time wasting and more time managing. If something is due in a couple days I don't need to be browsing Pinterest. There will be plenty of time for that over winter break in a few months.

No comments: