Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Happy Birthday My Son...a day early

My middle son turns 8 tomorrow. He's pretty much got his whole day planned out. Basically he wants to be in charge tomorrow, he wants everyone to do whatever he wants all day long. Right now I don't know what that will consist of, because he keeps changing his mind. I know what he wants for his birthday, fishing stuff. He's my little fisherman. He can stand on the bank of a river, creek, pond, lake, mud puddle or whatever all day and want to do it again the next day. It doesn't matter if he catches anything or not.
Usually he asks for tools, but he didn't this year. He's also my little mechanic wannabe. He has these old golf carts at his Granny and Papaw's house that he says he's going to turn into trucks. He likes to take things apart, but hasn't gotten around to the putting them back together part yet.
I think I'll get him a baseball mitt and ball and maybe a bat as well. He's been showing an interest in baseball lately and I want all the kids to have an interest or at least some knowledge of at least one sport. They don't have to play on a team if they don't want to. I would like for them to, but it's not necessary. I just want them to know how to play, just in case their friends want to play a game or for when they are all grown up and want to play with their own kids.
8 years old...actually if you ever met him you would think he's older. He's very mature for his age. He takes care of his younger brother without being asked to, just because it's something he's done his whole life. He argues like an older person, he usually has some good points behind his arguments. He thinks he can do anything (and will try to do anything and everything) whether or not his little body has the ability. He's like a runaway train, there is just no stopping him. He's so determined and once he starts down a path he's going to finish no matter what, and he's not going to let anything or anyone get in his way. Most likely he'll plow right through and get it done.
So happy birthday my son, I love you very much. Now that your another year older maybe we can take the next year slower. Your growing up so fast, I don't know how I'll keep up. I'll manage I suppose, just never change. I love you and your loving, ornery, teasing, bull-headed ways.

No comments: