Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Spring Fever

I have it, and todays high of 64 degrees at the end of January isn't helping any.

I am going to start planting some next month. There are a few cold weather veggies I can get into the ground. Such as kale, kohlrabi, lettuce, mustard, onions, peas, spinach and maybe some cabbage, and radishes closer to the end of the month. So today I'm going to go outside and mark out and plan my garden spot. I'm just making one(maybe two) smallish plots. Probably about 6x4 or so. Last year I was able to better keep up the ones I had. This year instead of making a plot for hubby I'll just let him plant his tomatoes wherever. He wanted a plot and a tomato bed last year and I couldn't keep up with what he wanted and what I had as well. So this year I'm going for maximum yield out of minimum space.

So far so good on being sugar-less. Given only thing I've had so far is one deviled egg and one 20 oz. cup of coffee, neither which had sugar in it. It's going to take some getting used to drinking coffee without sugar. After the first dozen sips though, it's a lot easier. I like the bitter taste, but I'm used to a sweetness as well and miss it a bit. Well going to look up some snack recipes/ideas for the week. I'm going to have to plan this week out or I'll give in and eat one of hubby's Little Debbie snacks later.

No comments: