Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Just Another Rambling Post

I don't have anything smart or witty to talk about. I'm not in the mood to rant or rave about anything. I'm just bored so I'll put something here since it's been a few days since my last post.
We haven't heard about the house again as of 9:30am this morning. Well I haven't heard, Hubby may of since he's who the lender calls but he's at work so I won't hear before noon anyway. I'm hoping we can close this week. I want the trouble of packing and moving, I want the big mortgage payment, I want to have to go through the headache of having to figure out where to go to turn utilities on. Heck I even want to have to go back to having to use dial-up again because it's a little one light town we're moving in, lol. I want this because it's mine. I can do whatever I want to this house and 1.2 acres of land. If I want to take out a couple walls (and I do) I can. If I want to paint the living room a royal blue, I can.
I'm nervous, excited, frustrated, annoyed, hopeful, depressed, optimistic and pessimistic all at the same time with this home buying sh-stuff. I just want it over. I want to move in and not move again for a long while. Like after I finish college and become an RN and we decide to move 'cause we can afford more. Of course, you never know, we may just fall in love with the neighbors, community and everything and decide that that's where we'll stay till the end of our days. That would be great, I've always wanted to live in a town like Mayberry or even Mayfield (I had to look this one up, it's the town the Beaver's from Leave it to Beaver lived in, in case you didn't know). I've always wanted to live in one of those neighborhoods/towns you see on old t.v. shows where neighbors are always popping in for coffee or tea and gossip, and the kids all play together in the street (okay so I would never allow mine play in the street but if all the neighborhood kids want to play in the yard and traipse mud through the house that's okay, that's why they invented carpet cleaners). Of course real life is nothing like t.v. but, hopefully our new neighbors will be great, I know they have kids and hopefully they are nice kids. I saw a swing set in the yard across the street as well but I don't know if that's for kids or grand kids so I'll wait and see. It'll be an adventure anyway and that's what life is about, right.

No comments: