Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Catching up...

I've not been on since Saturday, so I'll catch up real quick. My nephew is back in the hospital with vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration. He has trouble keeping even water down. Hopefully today they will get a hold of his GI doc so they can begin to figure out what is going on. My weekend, other then waiting by the phone for news on my nephew, has been rather uneventful. It was a beautiful weekend, temps in the low 70s, sun shining. I planted some bulbs, bought a rose bush and some raspberry bushes, some glads, hollyhocks and another plant but I don't feel like going to look for it this very minute. I'm going to have such a pretty yard this year. Well it'll probably look even better next year as sometimes it takes more then one season for flowers to get started well.
I'm really trying to eat clean, hubby isn't much help. Well he wants to help, but he doesn't want to change the way he eats. So he's still bringing soda, lil Debbie snacks, chips, candy and other junk into the house. I'm being good so far, and even though I'm tempted I've not gave into it. I told him I don't want to look the same in my 30s that I have in my 20s (I will turn 30 in November and I swear I will look good by my birthday). One of his comments was "Well you did have the kids while in your twenties". To be exact I was 18, 19, 20 and 22 when I had the kids, but I'm 29 now my youngest is 6 and half years old it's been too long to use baby fat as an excuse. Bless his heart though, he does want to be supportive...but shoot all he has to do to lose weight is think about it and bam he loses 8lbs just like that. I'm trying though. I'm trying to exercise on regular basis (well I want to try for everyday but sometimes it's not feasible, but I still should be able to squeeze in 10-15 minutes here and there even if I don't have time for a full 30-60 minute workout). Today is my payday so I'm going to go buy some cucumbers, bell peppers and fruit to cut up for snacks. The eat clean book says to eat 5-6 times a day. My only problem is it also says to eat 5oz of protein each time. I can eat meat maybe once but I'm going to have to find another source for the other times. I like meat but I just can't eat it every meal. I may try tofu "meat". I like veggieburgers so that can be something.

No comments: