Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Well...

I met my neighbor's wife yesterday, I met her husband a few weeks ago. Her daughter was waiting for the bus to go through so she could play with the kids. She said her daughter doesn't usually want to play with anyone but all of a sudden was ready to play with my kiddies so that's great. She seemed like a nice person and her kids seem great so every things good there. They have a pool so now my kiddies are all excited for when it gets warm enough to swim. We ended up with 12 kids in our yards yesterday afternoon and that was a blast just little kids running all over the place, lol. There were my four, her three, a little girl who lives at the end of the street who came down to play with my dd and another little girl and her two brothers that live two houses down from us came by and a boy who lives across the street. The neighbor's wife (I think I'll just call her J 'cause "neighbor's wife" is a mouthful), J and I were talking about setting up like a community bbq/picnic/meet-n-greet type thing. We live on a dead-end street and nearly everyone has kids all about the same age (ranging from like 5 to 16 so far that I've seen/met) so it would be nice if we could all meet and get to know one another so that we can watch each other's back so to speak. It sounds like a good idea to me, even though if we go through with it I'll probably be a nervous wreck. No probably to it, really, I will be a nervous wreck. That's okay though I'll be doing it for the kiddies and I'll do anything for them.

No comments: