Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

I need to get burning.

It's been a while since I've finished a burn. I've got artist's block I guess. I get lots of ideas but just can't seem to get myself to pick up a piece of wood and burn on it. I do have an awesome idea for one that I am going to attempt to do.
Here's the rough, really rough, draft:



It's going to be a lion statue with a empty city street behind it...think I am Legend where the streets are all grown over and wildlife has returned. I'm going to try and do it for a competition for a website/community I'm a part of. I'll probably draw it a couple more times before I put it to wood (mostly cause I want to get it just right and I cannot erase once I start burning).
Anyway that's an idea.

Well guess I need to get around today and try to get some stuff done. My table I got from freecycle is lovely and heavy. I barely carried it in the house, right now it's sitting in my living room. I'm a hoss and I'll manage though, lol. I've not had a dining room table in so long it's going to be so nice. The four chairs are in pretty good shape, minus a little artwork from the kids of the people I got it from. That's okay those magic erasers are wonderfull and slipcovers aren't hard to make and I've got plenty of fabric.

No comments: