Pages

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

This day's no good, I want a new one

I've not had the best of days. I thought today was the day for the lpn program orientation. I had thought this for nearly a month now. It had been going over over in my head April 9th at 9:00 am. Well, this morning I realize I was wrong. Luckily I realized this before I drove up to the school and showed up for an orientation session that was YESTERDAY. What's real bad is that they sent out a letter to remind everyone last week. Needless to say I didn't read it. I just sorta skimmed over it and set it aside totally missing the underlined and typed in bold print April 8, 2008. I didn't see that till this morning when I looked at the letter to see if I needed to bring anything with me. Oh well so I get my first day off in nearly two weeks...that's probably why I'm so ditsy right now, no it's not I'm pretty ditsy all the time just as my hubby, or my sisters, or my brother or anyone who's known me for any length of time the last 29 years.
So instead of that I went out and opened up a new bank account (my banks nearest location is about 25 miles away and I don't want to drive that far if I have to cash a check), paid the phone bill and went out and ordered cable and broadband Internet service(Yea no more dial up).
Hubby got rained out of work today, which it quit raining about 20 min after he got home so that sucks. They are calling for more rain tomorrow. Good thing I'm working full-time for a while or it would be a real tight squeeze to come up with May's mortgage payment.
We got a letter from the school saying ds1 has failed a vision test and we need to get him tested. So that'll be something to do later this month. Poor guy's already going to need braces and now maybe glasses. That'll go good with his tall, skinny(more then skinny he's kinda frail looking, all knees and elbows), freckled frame. Don't forget his goofy, living-in-a-game-world, quiet personality. This on top of starting middle school next year. Only the hardest years, socially, in a kids life(in my opinion anyways). He'll grow into a dream when he gets older but he's getting ready to hit the ugly duckling stage unfortunately for him. He'll be fine I'm sure. When he's all grown up and working his dream job at Microsoft or Sony or wherever; designing/inventing video games making all the big bucks he can laugh at all the losers who dare to make fun of him.
Well anyway gotta go and do something.

No comments: