Pages

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Day 4 and 5

Day 4, yesterday, was a horrible.  It was raining pretty hard so I skipped classes.  The windshield wipers on the van don't work most of the time and I lose power if I go through a puddle(it stays running I just lose power to everything else like steering, brakes, lights, etc...no power steering and super hard brakes in Memphis traffic is a bad thing).  So for safety's sake I stayed home.  Being home all day with it raining and the wind trying to blow everything down was rather boring.  So I gave in and ate two donuts (we have no more thank goddess) and ate some spice drops and a snack size mounds bar.  Not a good day, I gave in to my sugar addiction.  Today was better but still not great. I ate a snack cake before leaving for class and I got a blueberry muffin from Dunkin Donuts on campus.  I didn't eat all the muffin though, they are just too big for that.  I'll get pass this and do better the rest of the week.  I probably just need to eat more protein.  I've read that for sugar/carbohydrate cravings you should take in some protein.  I don't understand that reasoning as if I'm wanting some thing sweet then a steak or bowl of beans won't due.  I need to get some more almonds or any kind of nut.  They can usually satisfy a sweet tooth gone awry.
I think this afternoon I'm going to try and make some yogurt.  I've been reading on it, it seems super easy.  It may take some doing since the house is kinda cool and I've got to keep it at a certain temp for 4-8 hours.  I really want to try it though and start implementing fresh yogurt in some of my recipe to boost up the calcium and protein content.  I'll let my invisible readers here know how it turns out, with pictures if I remember to snap them.

No comments: