Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Urban Home-steader Day of Action

This is Urban Home-stead Take Action day, due to a certain family trademarking an idea/phrase that has been around for many, many years.  I may not be a true Urban home-steader, but I'm trying to get that way.  I grow my veggies and flowers organically as possible(well I don't use pesticides, herbicides or anything else I don't want in or on my body and my family's bodies...Hubby has trouble with that at times because he wants the fake, bigger, brighter less bug eaten crops.  So I have to hide the Miracle-Gro® he buys).  I'm getting a coop ready for chickens and we have a goat (who's primary chore is keeping the grass mowed/chewed down and eating the poison ivy/oak and being totally petable ).
Anyway if your wanting to keep a tradition going and discourage people from trademarking this tradition for their own monetary gain please sign this petition:
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »


and join/like this facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Take-Back-Urban-Home-steadings/167527713295518

If they are allowed to get away with this what's next? Someone going to trademark cooking? raising children? living, breathing?
For a good article on this go to Seasons in the Soil  they also have posted links to other bloggers that demand action be taken against the bullying and self-serving tactics done by these people.

No comments: