Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

So far on the challenge

Not doing too bad so far.  Yesterday instead of the deer stroganoff we had baked pork chops (just seasoned with salt and pepper, no breading), Fried potatoes(fried in 2 tbsp coconut oil, seasoned with salt, pepper and chili powder) and steamed broccoli(with lemon juice, salt, pepper and a bit of butter).  Tonight is going to be German Pancake Soup from The Gracious Pantry.  Modifications I'll be making will be to substitute cauliflower for the broccoli and to add some leftover pork chops from last night.  Oh and I don't have marjoram so I'll substitute some other seasoning for that, probably thyme.  It sounds good and it's a bit chilly tonight so I think it will go over well with the kiddies.  Hubby is working out-of-town this week so I don't have to worry about pleasing his palate. The kiddies are used to being my guinea pigs and so will try anything once.

So today's plan was:
Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in olive oil
Lunch: some teriyaki chicken and steamed rice from restaurant on campus (not exactly clean but I wanted something warm for lunch)
Dinner will be as described above, the pancake soup
Snack, nothing planned but have some starfruit that needs to be eaten so will have that for dessert.

Tomorrow(Tuesday)
Breakfast: Oatmeal with flaxseed, almond butter, honey
Lunch: probably tuna salad
Dinner: Deer Stroganoff on whole wheat egg noodles and un-fried green tomatoes
snack: fruit(probably cantaloupe)

Wednesday
Breakfast: Oatmeal/honey muffins, hard-boiled egg
Lunch: homemade granola bars (it's my long day and I've not time between classes for a big lunch)
Dinner: Chicken (to be determined on how I'm going to fix it) and sides(again t.b.d)
Snack: carrots and hummus(homemade)

Thursday....

Thursday and Friday I'll have to figure out.  I'm thinking some hamburger pizza on homemade crust on one day, we'll see.  I'm not the best at sticking to menu plans.  I'm trying and I'll get there because I have to.

No comments: