- Melt 2 tbsp coconut oil in pan. Add deer meat(make sure it's in small cubes or thin slices) and brown sides. Remove meat and add onions and garlic to pan. Heat till they are translucent and beginning to brown.
- Add Flour and brown it a bit
- Add coconut milk, water and seasonings. I also added 1 tsp cajun seasoning which I couldn't find on this database.
- Add mushrooms and cook till mushrooms are soft. Return meat to pan and heat to boiling, simmer for about 10 minutes or so.
- Right before serving add greek yogurt to pan, mix well.
- Serve over whole wheat egg noodles or brown rice.
Thursday, March 03, 2011
This was taken before I added yogurt...forgot to take one afterwards :)
2 tbsp coconut oil
Approx 1lb of deer meat
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of diced onions
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1 tsp nutmeg
2-3 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cajun seasoning
2 tbsp flour ( I used unbleached because I need to use it up)
Nutrition Facts (from Self Nutrition) based on 6 servings
Calories from fat: 96
Total fat: 11g
Sat. Fat 9g
trans fat 0g
Dietary Fiber 1g
**note** I forgot to write this down as I was cooking so some of the seasoning amounts (nutmeg, salt and pepper) are guesses. So season to your personal tastes.