Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's a double hitter

Okay I was reading over at Notes from the Trenches and the author, Chris, has a post up on Holiday cooking fiascoes. Well it wasn't a Holiday cooking fiasco, but I can remember a cooking fiasco I did once. We had just moved into our first house, I was 6 months prego with my dd and my hubby and his brother were doing all the moving in stuff. Well, we had some deer meat that I figured I would fix up for a quick meal for the three of us (oldest son was around as well, but not quite a year old and only had four teeth so no deer for him, lucky guy, lol). Well I put a ton of meat tenderizer on the deer (if you've ever had deer you know it can be kinda tough). On top of that I put salt, pepper and probably garlic salt(I like garlic salt, lol). Well I never read the ingredients on the meat tenderizer so I did not realize that it was pretty much flavored salt. So I cooked the meat. **Another tidbit here, for the first couple years I was married I had a bad tendency to overcook meat, sometimes I managed to have it nearly burnt on the outside and pink on the inside. I've since learned that I cooked it too hot and know fix it, most of the time, so tender you can cut it with a spoon. **
So the meat finally gets done and we all grab a piece. It was so salty and tough it was not edible. But bless both my hubby and brother-in-law, the rinsed off their meat and smothered it in ketchup and/or steak sauce and tried to eat it anyway. I just bawled, lol...I was tired, pregos and stressed out from buying and moving into a house and then I ruined dinner. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist and so if I do something and it turns out wrong I get really, really upset.
Well if you want to tell about your cooking fiasco you can go over to Notes From the Trenches or go over to Blogher and share.

No comments: