Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thought filled Thursday

What would your life be like without kids?
Hubby has asked me this a few times in the past few years. Really I couldn't imagine it with out the little brats, lol. I think my life without kids would be summed up in one word...quiet. There would be no one running around the house screaming at the top of their lungs. There would be no one screaming bloody murder while someone else is yelling "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Mommy I didn't mean to..." There would be no one yelling for ya( MOMMMY MOOOOMMMMYYY). There would be no getting up for the 5th time since going to bed an hour before to go potty or get a drink or both.
Worst of all there would be no "Mommy look at this", "Mommy I love", Mommy your the greatest Mommy" (they do tell me that on occasion, lol lil suck ups ya gotta love 'em). "Mommy can I have my goodnight hug".
I've been a mommy since the week after I turned 18, I turn 29 a week from this coming Saturday. So yea, really I do not know what life is like without kids. Why would I want to know it though. I never was one to party, I grew up with tons of responsibilities (I was responsible for my younger sisters), I met the man of my life when I was 14 and we have been together since. As for college/career, who says you cannot have that and kids too. I've obtained one degree and will, eventually, obtain another. It's not impossible, just takes a bit longer to get it.
I read an article the other day where some studies had said that older moms make better parents. Says who? I don't think the age of the mom matters on whether or not she's gonna be a bad parent. If she was gonna be a bad mom when she's in her twenties she's still going to be a bad mom in her 30s or 40s. People don't change. People are really good illusionists and may appear to change, but if you look a tad bit deeper you see that they are still the same as they always were. Being a good or bad parent is more of a personality thing, I think. Also it's subjective, what I may think is good parenting someone else may think otherwise. I'm not going to win any mom-of-the-year awards. I don't want to. I just want my kids to grow up healthy and smart and to look back on their childhood years with fond memories. Most of all I want them to always love me. I'm getting ready to hit the dreaded teenage years in 2 years for my oldest and 3 for my daughter (who acts like she's there already). I know my patience has yet to be tested, lol. I'm just going to try to get through the next 12 years or so with a sense of humor, hugs and kisses, and nerves of rubber (I'd say nerves of steel but I think I'm gonna need a little give in mine).

No comments: