Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

25 Days

So after this post I'll have made it 25 days of NaBloPoMo 2011. You know, it's not been too bad. Sometimes my posts were kind of small while I had to write something quick due to time and energy restraints. I've done it though.

So for a post Thanksgiving day post, the writing prompt is "Do you like to buy presents ahead of time or right when you need to give them?"

I would love to have a closet full of gifts to give throughout the year. One of the kiddies have a last minute invite to a birthday party? Lets just wrap something from the closet. No running to the store for a gift card(I really dislike giving gift cards). However, that's usually what happens.
I have a hectic life at times. Also, I never seem to know about birthday parties till a day or two before they happen. With my own bunch it's just easier to wait till a day or two before needing the gift or they have a tendency to try and hunt them down. Also we have smallish closets and just a small amount of available attic space (we really need to put some kind of flooring down up there to open up use of all that space). So last minute shopping is where it's at for us.
This also goes for Christmas gifts. While I would love to be done by Halloween, I haven't time for shopping and wrapping until after the second week of December (when finals are over). Plus, I love shopping when everyone else is also last minute Christmas shopping. There is a total different environment at the stores. I think everyone is nicer...well as long as you didn't go out today. Black Friday has a tendency to turn nice, little, pie-making grannies into monsters.

No comments: