Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 14...Facing Fears.

Today's writing prompt is about facing and overcoming fears. I'm not good at this, I'm a big chicken I guess. I get anxiety about calling unfamiliar people/places. It takes me a week to make a doctor's appointment sometimes (unless it's because one of the kiddies are sick, I'm quicker then).
I have to talk myself in to things. If I want to ask about changing my major, I talk myself in and out of going to or emailing the person I need to talk to before doing it.
I can't say I've ever overcame a fear. I have a fear of heights after I get so high. I could climb an average tree no problem. I get more then say 20 feet up and my body freezes up on me and this sensation that I'm going to die comes over me. I'll talk myself through it, because the view is awesome and I want to look. In my head I'm telling myself over and over that I'm safe, I'm not going to fall...I may be trembling and white knuckled but I know I'm safe I just have to get my body to believe it.
I have a fear of deep water. I panic if I go past were I can touch ground and still keep my face out of water. I'm not a strong swimmer so this is something I've not been able to talk myself through.
I have a fear of losing my children. I still sometimes get up at night, stand by their doors, and listen to them breathe in their sleep. I have great kids. Yes they can be annoying, frustrating and worrying, but they're great. Since the day my oldest was born I've been afraid that it's all too good to be true and will be taken away from me. This isn't something I'll ever overcome.

No comments: