Pages

Friday, November 04, 2011

Day 4 of NaBloPoMo

"When you are writing, do you prefer to use a pen or a computer?"

I was going to write either then got to thinking. I rather write my thoughts down with paper and pen then type them up on a computer. This way I can edit what I write. However, when blogging, I usually just type what comes through my brain at that moment. I know this is obvious with the random and sometimes erratic posts I post.


Okay and now on to something else...

I'm getting nervous about Christmas coming up. Money so tight right now and getting tighter. I feel like we are in quicksand and it's starting to suck us in even faster. Hubby is trying to make financial decisions and he's not quite consulting a calendar or me to make sure we can handle what he's doing. He's trying to get stuff caught up and telling banks that yea we will pay such amount on this date. Then not realizing that um, hun, we have 2 other moderate sized bills coming out automatically on that date. I'm going to go through the bills and make a calendar so I can show him what is coming out on what date. I've tried to write them on a calendar before, but I think he ignores it. I also constantly remind him what is coming out when. He has selective hearing at these times.
I'm flirting with the idea of going back to work part-time. Trying to figure out how I can fit in 16-24 hours of work a week on top of being at school approximately 23 hours a week, and another 15 hours or so of homework. There would be no time for the kiddies or Hubby, no time for church. It would suck majorly. Also another thing is that it wouldn't bring in much money-wise. I would only be bringing in approximately 200-300 every two weeks, probably closer to the 200 actually. CNA's don't get paid what they deserve. Another downside would be that during holidays I don't have a babysitter right now, and the kids would have to be home by themselves for the time I'm at work. Yes my oldest is almost 15 and could probably handle it, but I'm not ready for that.
I'm really considering this, between bills, holidays and my van making an awful knocking sound and needing a new tire...
I really wish we were smarter with money, I wish I could get more cooperation with the budget. I know we could make it on what Hubby brings home. Many families do it on less. However, every time I try to start a budget, Hubby wants to go on a shopping spree. Because budgets are so restrictive at first he starts to feel it and goes against it. I know I could set one up and after 6 months to a year we would be fine and getting ahead. Hubby likes to have one paycheck that's free each month. I try to tell him we can't do that with the amount of our bills. A $900 mortgage payment is much easier to handle if we set some back 4x a month then if we try to pay it out of a check and a half.
It'll get easier eventually. I have to graduate college sometime, right? I'm so tired of pinching pennies when it feels like it's totally unnecessary.


No comments: