Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Twas the Day Before Thanksgiving...

...and all through the house, I'm searching and looking trying to decide "What will I fix this year?"
The past month or two has been financially tight as we recover from extra trips and extra bills.
We have food a plenty, however we don't have the little extras that Thanksgiving dinners make.
I have no pecans, no cranberries either, no pumpkin and all our fruit is in a can.
A turkey, yes we have two, thankful for the sales the stores do.
What I do have is flour, milk, butter, sugar and eggs, and two loving hands and great mind.

Thanksgiving is not really about the food or the parade. It's about being thankful for what you do have.
I have a husband who works hard to support his family. I have 3 sons who are growing in to kind considerate men. I have a daughter who is funny and smart. I have a roof over my family's head and food in their bellies.
So when we sit down tomorrow to the meal I have prepared I will give thanks to everything because I have everything I need.

No comments: