Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me and Happy UnBirthday to You!

...or if today is your birthday then happy birthday to you as well.

Yep another year older. Nope don't feel it a bit. In my mind and body I'm 10 years younger (don't ask me how I have these teenage children, I have no idea).
I don't have aches and pains people complain about when they get older (except aches and pains from running low fevers and feeling crummy today, those don't count). I don't have gray hairs (and Madames Loreal and Clairol will never tell if I ever got them). I have energy to keep up with my kiddies (I will have more energy once I finish losing weight and get checked for adult asthma...I don't run out of steam just breath and it's not from being out-of-shape).
In my twenties I was told "Just wait till you hit 30, it's all down hill from there." Well, this hill must actually be a huge plateau, because I have yet to see the other side. I'm sure as I go through my 30's and here "Just wait till you hit 40." Then the same in my 40's. Age is just a number, I truly believe you are only as old as you feel. Also I believe if you feel younger then you are it transfers itself to your face. Eating well, exercising and wearing sunscreen help too.

So I'm 33 now. What have I accomplished in the past year? Well I've finished 2 semesters plus a summer semester of classes, making me that much closer to my undergrad degree. I've been constantly thinking of changing my major...well have to see if I can bring my science grades up. I don't know because I do enjoy nutrition classes, but I really want to be more hands on with patients then a dietitcian is...I may just go with my original...get a degree, pass MCAT, apply to med school.
It's been a rough year with my daughter, lots of lows and a few highs with that one. Welcome to the experience of having a teenage daughter. Apparently those Hallmark movies have it all wrong.
It's not been a perfect year, but I have to say it's been a good one. Every year that I can spend loving my Hubby and kiddies and having a great family is a good one.

Have a very merry Unbirthday!

No comments: